Will it really be Epic?

WILL IT REALLY BE EPIC?

Well sure…I could tell you why, but let’s be serious, would you listen? As Douglas Adams put it, “Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.” That being said, I won’t waste my time telling you why it's gonna be epic, you will just have to experience it yourself.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Matthew 7:21-23

So I was thinking about Matthew 7:21-23 as I was driving into work today. I was thinking about what Jesus would say to us here in America, in this time, if he was here in person now. I think it might go something like this:

21 Not every one that says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not vote strictly republican or at least strictly anti-democrat in thy name, and by thy name cast out all those who were not naturally born citizens, and by thy name did we not stop the queers from being officially labeled as married by the government, and by thy name do many mighty conservative works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

This passage in it's original context did not speak about the evil sinners getting rejected, it was those who thought they were doing good things for God. I think our reasons and justifications have changed, but I think God's answer will still be the same, "I don't know you". Maybe, just maybe, we are focusing on the wrong part of this whole Christian thing. Maybe, instead of trying to live like we have everything to lose and trying to do all these things in Jesus name and using him as our line in the sand, we should be living like we have already won and figuring out how to get to know Jesus and how to introduce others to him.  Just a thought I had this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment