Will it really be Epic?

WILL IT REALLY BE EPIC?

Well sure…I could tell you why, but let’s be serious, would you listen? As Douglas Adams put it, “Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.” That being said, I won’t waste my time telling you why it's gonna be epic, you will just have to experience it yourself.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

One of the Last Good Ones


So as most of you know, I am married now! A week and a half ago, I married my girlie and we both vowed to spend the rest of our lives together. As I was getting ready to depart from the wedding reception that night, my little brother stopped me and told me something. He said “Brother, you got one of the last good ones, I am happy for you.” Normally that would be a compliment enough, but if you know my little brother, you know means a lot.

Ya know… I really have to agree with him! While she isn’t the last good one, she is rare. She isn’t perfect, but I certainly wouldn’t want her to be. She isn’t exactly what I would have created if I had built her from scratch; She is, however, exactly who she needs to be to make me happy. She is good, and at the end of the day, I don’t need to ask for more than that.   
I want to take this opportunity to thank her for the meals she makes and for all the little and big things she has done to get us moved and settled into our new place. She made a lot of really stressful things a whole lot easier. So thank you darlin, I really do appreciate it…

While I have no doubts about the hardships of marriage, being married to such a good wife is certainly going to make it easier. We already 8 fantastic years down the line from where we started, and I figure if we got another 60 amazing years left to explore life together. So to my wife, Mrs. Hock, who is good and beautiful and the woman who makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment